A pressure cooker is one vessel that can easily be found in every household. The modest cooker can be used to prepare a large number of recipes including varieties of rice, different types of cakes, other desserts, etc. it is, therefore imperative that you improve the productivity and duration of the vessel. It is important to take good care of the same.
This article provides good insights as to how to go about the washing, cleaning, and maintaining your pressure cooker.
Cleaning a Pressure Cooker
- Avoid keeping food inside the pressure cooker for too long. The longer you keep the food inside, the more and more difficult it becomes to clean the same
- If food is kept for a long period of time, then the metal with which the cooker is made will be adversely affected
- Ensure to read the cleaning instructions carefully. You should ensure whether or not the cooker is safe for the dishwasher. If yes, it is only then that you clean your cooker with the help of a dishwasher
Thus, cleaning a pressure cooker is an extremely easy task. All you need is water, dishwasher liquid, a spatula for removing the extra food particles, and flame which is easily available.
Washing a Pressure Cooker
- If you have to wash a pressure cooker in an appropriate manner, it is imperative that you separate all the different parts. The parts include the lid, the whistle, the rubber, the gasket, and other parts. These parts need to be washed carefully with the help of hot water, sponge and soap. For cleaning the whistle, you can also use a toothpick. The toothpick will reach the inside of the whistle and will help in proper cleaning of the same. This will help that no food particles are left inside the same.
- If there is food residue that is left inside the pressure cooker, then it will be difficult to remove the food residues which are inside the same. However, there is a way of removing the same. All you need to do is that you take some water, put some liquid on it and turn the gas on, on a low flame. During the process, the residue will start coming out and then you can easily get rid of the dried- out particles from the pressure cooker.
- There is a way of cleaning even a burnt pressure cooker. For this, you would need to fill the cooker with water. Ensure that the cooker is half-filled with water. Post that, add a few layers of an onion. Keep the cooker on the flame for a few minutes-fifteen to twenty minutes precisely. Remember to not put the lid on. After the mentioned time, you need to switch the flame off. Now, when you wash it in the usual manner. You will see that you shall be able to clean the cooker smoothly without any hassle
Storage and Maintenance of the Pressure Cooker
In order to ensure that your pressure cooker remains intact for a long duration, you need to ascertain that the cooker is stored and maintained in an appropriate manner. The following are a few steps that need to be followed for proper storage and maintenance:
- Whenever you are storing it, you have to ensure that the cooker has dried out completely. If not, it may attract some bacteria and the material that goes into the making of the cooker might also get affected adversely.
- You should always store your pressure cooker in a dry place which should also be clean
- In case you want to keep your pressure cooker extremely clean and want to keep all the possible bacteria away from the vessel, you can take a few spoons of baking soda and spread or sprinkle the same on the base of the cooker. A few drops of the baking soda can also be sprinkled on the walls of the pressure cooker. This will help keep away all the possible bacteria and germs
Thus, as is clear from the above article, taking care of the pressure cooker is not a difficult job at all. Just a few easy steps and you can preserve your go-to pressure cooker for a long time. Not just that, you can be rest assured that you will serve healthy and bacteria-free food to your family if you follow the above -mentioned easy steps.